Rent room Auckland city advice and tips | You need to rent a room in Auckland city! Good luck you are with hundreds of other people looking to rent a room in Auckland city…
The good news is there are hundreds of people looking for flatmates too!
Make sure you budget from $150 to $250 per week to rent a room in Auckland city. Also most rents are paid weekly, where in many other countries the rent is paid monthly.
Use our quick checklist to know what to expect:
- Check if the rent includes power, water and internet.
- Check how much the bond is? The law requires 3 weeks bond.
- Avoid using a real estate agency, to avoid paying the one week rent fee.
- Ask if the room is single or double
- Ask if there are any additional charges
- Visit the Tenancy Services website to read about the tenancy bond
- Visit the Tenancy Services website to read about the tenancy contracts
Rent room Auckland city
The secret to finding a room to rent in Auckland city is to use all the popular websites and Facebook Groups.
The most popular Rent room Auckland city websites
NZ flatmates website
Trade Me property website
AirBnB website (generally short-term only)
Post a Note website
The most popular Rent room Auckland city Facebook Groups
AUCKLAND FLATS / HOUSES FLATMATES ROOMS & BOARDING WANTEDTO RENT
Auckland flatmates wanted
Flatmates Wanted – Auckland
Flatmates Wanted And Rooms For Rent In Auckland
Working Holiday New Zealand – Sell and Buy Cars
We advise you to rent a room in Auckland city compared to renting a studio or apartment. A studio could rent from $300 to $400 per week.
Another option for short-term renting is the website airbnb.co.nz. This website is generally for tourists visiting Auckland, however you might be able to negotiate a long stay for 2 or 3 months.