Duration: 6 months
Location: New Zealand
Requirements: Interested in Education, Communication, Community Serivices
We are seeking Volunteer Educators to work within the Education team to develop and deliver the Centre’s learning and education programmes to school groups visiting the Centre.
About the organisation – Volunteer Educator position
The position of Volunteer Educator provides the opportunity to help deliver the existing education programme alongside a team of dedicated volunteers, and develop new learning modules and learning activities for students.
Volunteer Educator Responsibilities:
- Work in the Education team to assist with the development and delivery of education programmes.
- To develop learning resources and deliver activities to support learning modules.
- To deliver school tours and activities.
Volunteer Educator Skills and Experience required:
- Experience of working with children in a formal or informal learning environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively to a wide audience.
- Ability to work as a part of a team.
- Strong interest in history and education.
What you will gain in this Volunteer Educator role:
- Experience developing and delivering education programme to students.
- Opportunity to work within the museum environment with other dedicated volunteers.