How to Hire an Intern. An internship can be used as a mechanism for recruiting a permanent full-time employee. Internship programs can be essential for talent building at your workplace. Learn more in our blog post.
How to Hire an Intern – Benefits of Hiring an Intern
- Find future employees: The employment process can be difficult to try and hire somebody who is appropriate for the job. The internship process gives you a chance to assess a candidate.
- Bring more energy: The kind of energy they bring in is phenomenal. Interns are waiting for an opportunity to prove themselves if given the right direction, they will jump on any opportunity.
- Get a fresh set of eyes: The interns bring extremely valuable insight in ideas and opinions. They can add value to what we do by coming up with innovative ideas.
- Give back to the community: Fulfil a civic an responsibility by providing students with a real work experience; it allows company to serve the younger communities.
How to Hire an Intern – 4 Tips to Find the Right Person
Looking for the best intern is definitely not an easy task. Here are four tips we personally use to help our clients find the right candidates.
- Planning is the first and most important step you must keep in mind. It is extremely important to look up your sources and find more information. You can talk to other organisations to see how Internship programs have been structured. You could also get internship recruiting literature from several companies that already have programs.
- Writing an Internship Posting Description: Firstly, speak about the organisation and outline all duties which are associated with the internship. Secondly, Mention some basics (time and length of the internship, the working hours, and compensation) in your description.
- Having a supervisor for each intern: There are few requirements on selecting a supervisor: Firstly, handle all projects that assigned. Secondly, work with interns and provide enough training. Thirdly, answer all important questions and make sure they are accessible all the time to the interns. Fourthly, ensure interns are getting enough support and training through mentoring programs.
- Contacting a few professors will reach more students: Professors are always willing to work hard and they will find the most brilliant and bright students for you. So, make sure to be in touch with college professors.
Interns Abroad offer fresher recruitment solution for our clients across different industries. With our strong connections we offer the best recruitment process to explore hidden talent. In 2016, we helped over 120 students and recent graduates find their place at a local New Zealand business. When you sign up for our services you’ll be able to advertise your company listings on the Interns Abroad website and social media platforms.
Start your Internship Programme from just $180
Our internship services start off at $180 for companies. When you sign up for our services, you’ll be able to list your company internship programme and we can start advertising the listing for you. Your company internship will be live within 24 hours and you’ll receive candidates within 2-3 weeks.